As graduation continues to sneak up on me (the weather had been making me forget that it’s spring) there are so many unknowns about this summer and next fall. When I think about them, I just get overwhelmed. So I thought I’d share a list of things that I do know.
1. I am graduating this May… finally.
2. I am officially hooked on WordPress. I’ve had a Blogger blog for these last four years, and while I’ve loved it, WordPress has so many more options for my blogging. So, needless to say, this WordPress blog will still be up and running for long after graduation… though it will have a few changes.
3. I’m moving to Pittsburgh sometime in the next few months. This morning I had a “Holy crap! I’m moving to Pittsburgh in the next few months!” freakout. It’s still weird that it’s actually going to happen. I’ve never moved far away from my family before.
4. I’m going to get my Masters in Library Science at the University of Pittsburgh. It one of the top 10 schools in the nation for Library Science- specifically for the Youth Resources specialization, so I’m still pinching myself to force myself to believe that this dream is actually coming true.
5. I’m going to read a lot of books this summer. I’ve already started my list by reading “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green, which everyone should read because it’s genius, but there will be so many more!
6. I’m writing a book. It will probably take awhile, but knowing that I am writing it causes me to pay more attention to how the authors I like write their books. There are many things I don’t know about creative writing and it’s easiest to learn through how other people use various mechanical concepts or tell a story and then experiment with those concepts.
7. I’m sure there are a lot of other things I know, but I don’t want to bore you. So this is me saying that I know that there’s a lot more that I know.
Summer is almost here people, get excited.